Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS XP INSTALL

• Please log in to reply

CHOPERSTYLEZ

CHOPERSTYLEZ

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First I would like to say thank you to anyone taking the time to help me with this issue...OK here goes,i have a compaq pressario 6000,which originally had xp on it,i tried to reinstall a a version of home edition on it from boot,every thing was going fine till now,when it reaches the install part of the disc ,i get a fatal error code...stating the setup log files should contain more info..it tries to restart the install,and over and over again it says the same thing,..not sure how to format the harddrive and start over if it keeps trying to load the install..not much of a computer person,but i did install the exact cd on this emachines im typing from now(i loaded it onto here just to verify that i had no issue with the cd)but the compaq seems to be giving me more of an issue doing so,..i hope i gave enough info to get some help here,and i apoligize if i rambled and you didnt understand my ?? just a bit frustrated,,,thanks again for any help i can get :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What kind of CD are you using? Full version of XP CD?
Are you booting from it?