Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free HTML Editor to learn with...

• Please log in to reply

craftybegonia

craftybegonia

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi Guys! I'm looking for an EASY, what you see is what you get HTML editor that is free. I would like to learn more HTML than I currently know and don't want to start spending before I know if I canhandle a software. So I've been looking around online and found mixed reviews about Kompozer, and some reviews on Coffee Cup.
Do you guys have a favorite free HTML editor that would eat me alive :) and which would be a great learning experience for me...and eventually yield nice and useful results? (I really would like my golf club to hit the ball in time) :)
Thanks! :)

Advertisements

kfawcett

kfawcett

• Pip
  • 9 posts
WYSIWYG are not the best to learn about HTML. You should learn to code by hand.

If you are a student (high school or college) you can download Expression Studio 3 from DreamSpark. This is an amazing deal! This set of applications has some pretty amazing features for designing not only websites, but whole applications. You can move from design (Expression Studio) to development (Visual Studio) and reuse all design elements. This is a recently new addition in Studio 3, but could save loads of time for developers.

Otherwise, take a look at Aptana Studio it's open source and free. And it has a lot of features that you would find in Dreamweaver CS4.

Jayman01

Jayman01

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Personnaly, I have loads of fun coding by hand. Doesn't always give me the results I expect, but it's fun trying to figure out my mistakes. I generally don't make the same mistake twice, lol

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
1st Page 2006 is free and has crap load of features.