Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

All downloads appear as 0 KB, no matter the Browser

• Please log in to reply

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Originally, i was trying to update iTunes for a friend, but the auto-update wasn't working. I tried to download it manually with IE, but there was nothing in the downloads folder, even though I watched it download. I tried again with firefox, and a file did show up, but it was 0 KB in size. I then tried downloading CCleaner, and had the same problem. I ran CCleaner from a thumb drive, and that didn't seem to help (not that I thought it would really change anything). I also disabled UAC, and that did nothing.

Any clues?

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
What OS are you running, Vista or 7? 32 or 64bit? What version of IE and FF did you use?

Let me know that info first and lets take it from there :)

Edited by diabillic, 10 September 2009 - 09:37 PM.

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Running Vista, 32 bit. IE8, and Firefox 3.5. Sorry about that.

Edited by mattdawg8, 10 September 2009 - 09:44 PM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Also, what kind of AV/Spyware protection are you running?

mattdawg8

mattdawg8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
AVG Antivirus is all that the computer has.

armour248

armour248

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Was a solution for this ever found? I am having the exact same problem.

I have Vista Home Premium 64-bit. It's actually been relatively fine for me until the last few days. I was having some problems editing video files and couldn't figure out why, so I updated to service pack 2. Around the same time, although I honestly cannot be sure that it was because of the update, none of my downloads will work. It's bizarre. The entire file will download and the file will show download progress etc etc. But, once complete, the file shows up as 0 kb and obviously doesn't open. I've tried different browsers and different files and no luck. I'm also running AVG Antivirus.

Any help would be appreciated.

armour248

armour248

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ttt