Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data Execution Prevention error message?

• Please log in to reply

epii10

epii10

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi,

I'm trying to install an app called KORE PLAYER and Windows XP keeps shutting the installer down before it even starts.

There is nothing wrong with the KORE PLAYER app as I downloaded it directly from NATIVE INSTRUMENTS (a leading company in the field of virtual musical instruments), so I know the problem is my computer and not the app itself.

I get the error message: Data Execution Prevention

And then I get a Windows Explorer error message where Explorer then restarts.

When I click on "details" this it what it reads:

Event Type:BEX P1:explorer.exe P2:6.0.2900.5512 P3:48025c30
P4:unknown P5:0.0.0.0 P6:00000000 P7:20202020
P8:c0000005 P9:00000008

Can anyone help me with this???

Many thanks!

Rick

Advertisements

epii10

epii10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Oh and I forgot to mention that I followed all the instructions on the Microsoft website as to how to turn off the Data Execution Prevention error message and nothing worked.

Rick

mkau

mkau

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
As far as I'm aware, D.E.P. is a security feature that prevents file infectors from spreading as quickly. Sounds like you may have a virus. Head over to the malware forum.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Rootkits have a tendency to mess with DEP. I also advice a trip to the malware forum to ensure your system is clean.