Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No MB Beeps/Post - Sounds like 2 heart beats

• Please log in to reply

wilsonf1

wilsonf1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys

my pc wouldnt turn on this morning and when i was flicking the PSU switch from off to on, i could hear a very faint noise, but the pc wouldnt boot or do anything. it smelt a bit weird so i felt confident in taking the plunge and replacing it

i then bought a 650w PSU from PC world in the UK, hooked it all up as i remember my last setup to look like - hit the power button.....

all fans and everything kicked into life (i got excited), but it sounded like it kept rebooting as the power seems to flick for a mini second - no beeps at all

ive taken it out and retried it, and this is the current status:

no beeps
no screen display
motherboard light is on

the motherboard speaker seems to make the faintist of 2 pulsing sounds every 5 or so seconds and the fans continue to spin on everything - theres clearly power

ive tried hooking up everything i possibly can to the PSU - and ive tried minimal connection - but its all the same now

ive read about taking the battery and moving the mb jumpers for a cmos reset - no convinced that'll help though

one last details i'd like to give - the front power buttons are now useless - once i plug in the power cable to the psu and flick the switch on it - the power is on - my old psu didnt work this way

could the case power buttons be messed up and constantly rebooting the pc?!!? seems unlikely - but im clueless with those cables inside the pc and not sure what im looking at

cheers!

Edited by wilsonf1, 10 September 2009 - 03:40 PM.

Advertisements