Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton blocking email server

• Please log in to reply

superbeat

superbeat

• Pip
  • 1 posts
recently I switched to peoplepc and have experienced some difficulties with my email program...(I use incredimail). I've localized the problem to Norton.. if my firewall is "on" and I connect to incredimail, I receive a window stating "incoming server could not be found, verify you are connected to the internet and that the address is correct" ... I am unable to send or receive emails. If I turn off my firewall on Norton... I have no trouble at all except excessive pop-ups warning me that my computer is at risk... (rrrrrr).
Peoplepc has a connection window that opens to a front page once connected.. this window needs to remain minimized (?) or connection will terminate... if I have the firewall "on" prior to connecting, this window will not load and appears disconnected. If I disconnect the firewall... the connection and main page windows open and operate just fine. (you still need to minimize and not CLOSE the window inorder to maintain internet connection.... what is up with that??)
I've cruised through my email program settings, both windows and Norton security options and settings and it appears that all software from peoplepc has found its place wherever it needs to be...I don't feel comfortable adding anything new or checking/unchecking so many of the advanced settings.

My Norton is updated... I am looking to keep this, have it get along with Windows Security as before and accept peoplepc as my ISP and get along with incredimail. Thanks for listening.

Advertisements