Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Browse computer on Workgroup

• Please log in to reply

tempuser123

tempuser123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings,

I've searched a lot on forums and websites but haven't found anyone with the same problem I'm having.

So I have a computer A running windows XP
and a computer B running windows Vista 64-bit

Both are behind a D-Link router and belong to the same workgroup.

I can view computer B in the "Workgroup" computers, from computer A
but am unable to view computer A from computer B.

On both computers, the XP one is not found...

So basically, the XP can view and access vista, but can not view himself in the workgroup list,
while the Vista one can view only himself in the workgroup list.

I can ping using the computer name from both computers and it gets resolved just fine.

And i tried turning off window's firewall too... nothing!

Any suggestions?
(hope i explained the issue clearly :$ )

Advertisements

tempuser123

tempuser123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
*bump*

no one? :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello tempuser123.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

A good starting point is The Network and File\Print sharing tutorial located in the Networking forum
If that does not help I would suggest posting your topic there as this is really a network issue and not a OS issue. The techs there could be of more assistance to you.