Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Boots but Doesn't go in to Windows!

• Please log in to reply

chickenpox

chickenpox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello

This morning, I was trying to install MacIntosh with the iATKOS v1.0i. I went through the process, erasing both the OS and the recovery drice in disk utility and creating another one. While it was installing, I was doing some stuff, and when I came back, it was shut down. It wasn't because of the power running out as it was plugged in. However, when I went through the process again, there were nothing in the disk utility. So I got the disk out and tried to go back to windows. But when it boots, it goes through the usual stuff showing all the menus you can go into with F2 and F9 and so on, and then it turns into a black screen with white blinking cursor.

Did deleting the OS cause this? And is there any way of fixing this? :)

Advertisements

robert.wiechert

robert.wiechert

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yea, formatting both the OS and recovery drive will cause a system not to boot into windows. However there is a way to fix this with out us knowing what the system make and model is, but makes it very difficult to do so. You may have to get the recovery discs from the manufacturer of the PC, or provide us with the system make and model so we can help you better.

chickenpox

chickenpox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for replying. The laptop is called "Compaq Presario C774TU", if this is what you mean by the system make and the model.

robert.wiechert

robert.wiechert

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
Yes, thanks. Looks like to me that there is no other way but to reorder some Recovery Discs for Windows Vista. This link will take you to the page you'll need for ordering the recovery discs.
http://h10025.www1.h...product=3708298