Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Issues

• Please log in to reply

HelpPlease2009

HelpPlease2009

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey everyone,

I am having some issues with my home network I was hoping you could help me out with. Depending on the day there are four to seven computers connected on my network (four macs, two desktops and one laptop). Whether connected with the cable or wirelessly, all the macs are constantly connected with absolutely no issues. The laptop and the desktops however are always having issues. When connected directly to the router with a cable a message loads up saying connected at 100mb/s, but no other computers can be seen in My Network, nor can the internet be accessed using both Internet Explorer or Firefox. When trying to access wirelessly results vary based on the computer. The laptop can connect to the network but cannot access the internet, the new desktop connects to the network but after a minute or two the internet stops working, and the old desktop connects to the internet for about 10-20 mins depending on the day but the internet still dies quickly. A temporary solution is to hit the repair button which means the internet can be accessed again for a few minutes depending on the computer but then dies again.

As a side note, the laptop is able to connect wirelessly at my college no problem and maintain connectivity, and the new desktop was taken to my friend's house where it connected to the internet using both the cable and using the wireless with no problems.

Edited by HelpPlease2009, 15 September 2009 - 07:12 PM.

Advertisements

HelpPlease2009

HelpPlease2009

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't know anything about networking, but I came across this right now while going through the logs of my router trying to fix my internet:

"[INFO] Thu Feb 12 13:29:35 2004 Blocked packet from 192.168.1.13 to ... that was received from the wrong network interface (IP address spoofing)"

Now once again, I don't know anything about networking, but I do know that my current ip adress is 192.168.1.13 and blocking may explain the reason why my internet constantly dies... any input?

Edit: Oh and I am aware that the date was wrong, I just changed it to the right date

Edited by HelpPlease2009, 15 September 2009 - 07:44 PM.