Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help regarding LAN network connection

• Please log in to reply

drdev

drdev

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i m using win xp pro sp3 , using LAN sis ethernet adapter , my adapter is always showing in network connection as LAN, but I have to connect to the net by anotherconnection that is brodband1 , today after reboot suddenly it disappers , LAN is present but brodband1 desappears , so ihave to setup a newconnection using pppoe , right , now the problem is every time this new connection disappers after reboot , (like someone deleted it permenently ) , so I have to create a new connection every time.

I checked for viruses using updated avast boot scan , also updated eset , also malware byte , and some viruses were found which i removed , though problem persists.

2 more things I noted simultaneously , 1)my malware byte got crashed , I reinstall it and it runs perfect but after reboot it again crashes , 2)on reboot the screen first shows boot.ini missing booting from c:/windows/.

I have rechacked with avast , malwarebyte and eset online scan , no virus found , though the problems are present .pls help . regards.

Advertisements

drdev

drdev

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh.............. man.............. problem solved. ....... it was due to ask toolbar................ removing it solve the problem............ I wonder y any antivirus/malware/spyware remove it? oh........ it harrased me ........... at last , thank GOD........ I will never use ask toolbar.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Stuck full stop key by chance? :)
95% of problems with Internet Explorer are caused by toolbars. Contrary to what Google, Yahoo and friends say, they don't make life easier, they screw things up.