Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Wireless quit working suddenly

• Please log in to reply

HollyTav

HollyTav

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

My husband was on Party Poker (I hate that!) last week and said that all of a sudden he didnt have internet. This system is our desktop system. Our configuration is this: cable modem... cable modem to Linksys router - desktop to router... nothing changed in the wiring. After checking the connection, if I plug the desktop computer directly into the cable modem, it works.... but if I try to rehook the router, it wont work. So, I went and purchased another router. It did the same thing. I did a malware check and a virus check and all seems fine. I rebooted the router, made sure DHCP is working and called my Cable Company and had them check out my cable modem. What else could be causing the problem? There are three other people in my house who are not happy because there can only be internet on one system right now... Any ideas???? I even did a system restore to before when it went down and that didnt help. Ugh. OS is XP.

Edited by HollyTav, 14 September 2009 - 12:56 PM.

Advertisements