Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with a picture!

• Please log in to reply

Progrezzive

Progrezzive

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Last week one of my classmates was kidnapped by 2 men that looked a lot like the guys from men in black :)
He is giving clues to the whereabouts of his bag where there are top secret goverment documents! o.O
The last clue we got was the file that i attatched and the text said: Main characters in the picture. search quick! time is running out! Send the code to "[email protected]"
Im guessing i should be able to use som kind of program to read the picture and get an ISBN code, but i don't know how!

Edit: Might be an ISAN code!

thanks!

/Daniel

Attached Thumbnails

• ISBN.png

Edited by Progrezzive, 15 September 2009 - 04:24 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm not usually in the business of doing people's homework..but that one seemed fun

what you need is a barcode reader. now you don't need to go out and buy one...but there are some ways you could get it....if you print that out and take it to a UPS store or fedex or something...they can scan it and tell you what the code is....if you've got a windows mobile phone with a camera you can get i-nigma and read the barcode with your phone (which is what i did)...i've included the answer if you want to cheat...but i suggest trying to figure it out on your own

Spoiler

Progrezzive

Progrezzive

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This is not homework! This is just for fun so we can learn how to use different technology and learn how to work as a team, but we are stuck! So this is my teachers idea, to use forums and such :) Thanks for your answer! :)

/Daniel

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well then...i hope you speak Swedish because that ISBN comes up as a swedish book....though..there is apparently a movie adaptation