Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Internet Issue, Please Help Me!

• Please log in to reply

OliviaAlane

OliviaAlane

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All-
I have a big problem, one that has been going on for about 5 months now. I own an HP Pavilion dv5 laptop, running Windows Vista Home Premium. The issue is with my internet connection. I have full conectivity, i.e. when I am connected to my wireless network at school or anywhere else, the little globe pops up on the two computers in the task bar at the bottom of my screen. The issue is that my web browsers will not connect to the internet. I have Opera, IE, Safari and Firefox, and only Opera will connect to the internet. My iTunes will not connect to the store, either. When I try to run diagnostics in iTunes, iTunes closes, saying that a problem caused it to shut down. I have been working with the command prompt a bit, but I'm not that savy. Everything I type into the cmd has turned up normal. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix any of this?

Advertisements

pr0n

pr0n

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
if what you're saying is true that opera has full blown no holds barred access to the interwebs and no other program does then something's getting in the way of the other programs, disable any firewalls you have running just for a minute and if you can then connect with the other browsers then you probably have the firewall configured wrong. next scan for malware if you find any or need help with that go to the malware support area.

OliviaAlane

OliviaAlane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's not the firewall, I've tried that many times. And I have done a full blown malware scan and nothing showed up. I don't know what to do now!