Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavillion Laptop Fails to Boot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Rx7_HKS

Rx7_HKS

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey guys, a friend of mine just recently told me about a problem with her laptop computer that it just fails to boot up properly, and she's not very computer 'saavy' so anything I would ask her would go through one ear and out the other, so I took it upon myself to help her figure this out.

The laptop in question is an HP Pavillion dv6000 running on Windows XP. When I turn the computer on it goes in the process of booting the BIOS and everything seems to work properly, it's only after the Windows XP Logo loading screen is over that it hits the blue screen and and very small error(about 6-7 lines) pops up. I was only able to make out the first line, and it looked a little something like 'STOP: [Unable to locate component]' I think there was some numbers and capital letters behind '[Unable to locate component]', but I couldn't make those out correctly as it reboots and goes through the same process continually.

If you can help me out here that'd be great, or any questions that I can possibly relay over to my friend so she can answer and I can keep responding to this thread would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

*Edit* Okay, so I made an attempt to look what the other lines said, and it looks like it's only 3 lines of text. The second and 3rd text go to say that 'The application failed to start because blah blah 'User32.dll' " It was something like that and the only particular text that caught my attention was that User32.dll file that could be contributing to the error.

Edited by Rx7_HKS, 16 September 2009 - 12:42 AM.

Advertisements

Transience

Transience

Unofficial Music Guru

• Retired Staff
  • 2,448 posts
This one needs a close, duplicate is in the XP forum: http://www.geekstogo...ot-t253059.html

Edited by Transience, 30 September 2009 - 03:18 PM.