Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows vista networking problems

• Please log in to reply

exepro

exepro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi! im matthew and i have a problem on my windows vista. my friend has do some changes in my laptop, he disable some automatically start up programs to make my computer fast, but after that, i cant connect to internet and wifi, it shows that there is problem about TCP/IP something like that. please give me some steps on how to fix this problem.

is a system restore will fit to this problem??

and i just want to know if there's any command codes in cmd to type.

and im not an expert in pc, i just want to get easy to do instructions thank you

Edited by exepro, 16 September 2009 - 02:49 AM.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi Matthew

Welcome to GeeksToGo  :)

Sounds like he has maybe disabled something on startup that you need. 

Please complete the following:

• Click Start > Run and type in the box box msconfig
  • Click on the Startup tab
  • Take a screen shot of the msconfig window. Make sure each entry is shown in the list, so it may take a few screen shots. 
  • Paste the print screen into MS Paint
  • In paint save each image pasted as a jpeg
  • Attach this to your next reply buy clicking the choose button below were you type you reply, looking for the file and then click the green upload button.

Edited by rev_olie, 17 September 2009 - 05:54 AM.