Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to move Thumb Drive data to new computer

• Please log in to reply

urbrojr

urbrojr

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Got my new machine and now I need to get the data on the thumb drive from the old machine to the new one. It is there but how do I get it into the new machine from the thumb. I have the thumb in I can get the data on the screen but that is where my knowledge stops.. Any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. URBROJR

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
um....you can just highlight the files showing on the drive and either drag them over to the new location on the new computer, or right click and choose copy then right click where you want them to go on the new computer and choose paste

urbrojr

urbrojr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Desnette. Thanks for the response. I have been trying everything friends have suggested but no one brought up the cut and paste procedure. I will do that. If you hear a loud thump it will be my head collapsing into the keyboard. Thanks again....URBROJR