Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network cable unplugged error message

• Please log in to reply

drjgolf

drjgolf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
wireless network was working fine with 2 desktops connected with linksys wireless G 2.4 GHz router. then one day I could not print on the network printer and noticed that the computer with the wired connection to the printer gave a error message that a network cable was unplugged. nothing had changed so I thought the cable was defective. I replaced the connecting cable with a spare, but the error message remained and I cannot access internet via that 2nd dektop computer (nor use the printer). Is the ethernet adapter on that dsktop no longer working? Is there a way to check it?

Advertisements

ric926

ric926

• Pip
  • 1 posts
if you have another nic install it and remove the other, that is the only way to test it other than the link light not being on

wireless network was working fine with 2 desktops connected with linksys wireless G 2.4 GHz router. then one day I could not print on the network printer and noticed that the computer with the wired connection to the printer gave a error message that a network cable was unplugged. nothing had changed so I thought the cable was defective. I replaced the connecting cable with a spare, but the error message remained and I cannot access internet via that 2nd dektop computer (nor use the printer). Is the ethernet adapter on that dsktop no longer working? Is there a way to check it?