Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My HJT log [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts

COOl !! so you think it be ok to leave that SaveNow registry key in the REG ??
I wouldnt mind hunting it down if you think you might know what folders it might be in( in Regedit )

No problem, I can round up the possible registry locations and we'll try to hunt it down, and it's just leftover, so no it won't hurt anything. ;)

So Is PayPal safe I guess ?? and if so can i just go to your User Profile and click on the Paypal Link? and it will automatically know that i want to send it to you ?
Is there much of a fee for using this ?

Yes, payPal is safe, I've used it for about 4 or 5 years now (for various things). If you click on the payPal donate button in my signature, it will come directly to me. ;)

I really want to tip ya ! I think my Parents are about to ask me to help fix theres, so i prolly be back for more help here soon.

Ok, no problem! :) Just post the info whenever you want! :)

And again THANK YOU SO MUCH and talk to ya soon.

You're very welcome again. :tazz:

Also I would like to uninstall Ewido. Is that ok as far as like it wont let that trojan(we killed ) come back ?
I just like to have the least amount of processes runnin on my pc (of course i would keep the Ewido install for later checks)  :)

It's fine if you want to uninstall it. I personally really like Ewido and have it on my own computer!

sorry bout all the questions. Im a little over cautious sometimes  :yeah:

That's a good way to be!

Advertisements

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Man i dont know if this pay pal is working .
i go through the secure checkout part then when i finish it takes me right back to the start. Maybe it worked i dunno i might have done it twice i dunno ,the first time it said i had sessioned out.
the other selection is existing account users . i guess im not part of that cause i never specified a password.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
You really don't need to worry about sending me a donation! :tazz:

Edited by bananafanafo, 16 May 2005 - 08:51 PM.

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Well durnit Ok . I hope they dont keep my credit card info for any reason(i filled out all my Info.) <----- me being paranoid again

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Try not to worry! :tazz: If you filled out your info but never specified a password, then an account was never created so your CC info would not be saved.

Let's see if we can find that SaveNow registry key. Go to Start > Run - type in:

regedit

At the very top, click on "My Computer" to highlight it, then go up to "Edit > Find"

Then type in savenow - let me know if it finds anything.

Do the same for whenusave - let me know if it finds anything. (don't forget to highlight "My Computer" again otherwise it won't search the whole registry.

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
says "finished searching through the registry"

on both

Edited by retrac, 16 May 2005 - 11:11 PM.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Of course, nothing is that easy :tazz:

Navigate to see if the key in bold is there:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WUSN.1

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Its not there. :tazz:

On another topic:
whats your thoughts on System Restore ?? Like mine is turned ON and always has been. Could 1 of those Badies jump outta there even if i dont use it ?

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts

Its not there. ;)

Then we won't be able to find it. Since "savenow" and "whenusave" are not there, then most likely the key is locate somewhere in here:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\

The WUSN.1 is variable name that is different with each installation.

Could 1 of those Badies jump outta there even if i dont use it ?

No, they won't jump out lol You can clear restore points to give you a fresh start on System Restore then you don't have to worry about it :tazz: :

1. Turn off System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check "Turn off System Restore."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
UN-Check "Turn off System Restore."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Hmmmmm. im torn..... I just got done adjusting Some of my "services" according to what BlackViper.com site had marked as a safe setting for most computers in SP2.

might wait a minute on the Sys Restore. Might be easier to go back a day and fight the trojan again..:tazz:

Your up late.... west coast ?

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts

Hmmmmm. im torn..... I just got done adjusting Some of my "services" according to what BlackViper.com site had marked as a safe setting for most computers in SP2.

might wait a minute on the Sys Restore. Might be easier to go back a day and fight the trojan again..;)

Your up late.... west coast ?

View Post

LOL Yeah, that's a good reason to wait on clearing System Restore points! Actually, I'm in Texas :tazz: I just stay up really late ;)

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Also, I was going to ask you in the last post but forgot :tazz: : Did you just have the information from BlackViper saved on your computer or do you have a website address for BlackViper that I don't have? ;)

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
[bleep] it keeps logging out... i had everything typed but it erased it now i gotta get ready for work , ill type it all again when i get off work (10:30)

right under that d/l is a list of ones you should definetly turn on or off, so i kinda cross refrenced the 2

Edited by bananafanafo, 17 May 2005 - 01:57 PM.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Ok thanks! :tazz:

So, do your parents still want help with their computers? ;)

retrac

retrac

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts
Im thinkin they will here in a week or so, i think there giving me a minute to recooperate from fixing my little sisters :tazz:

But guess what ? i just got to work and someone manged to get About:blank on this work computer
this system runs "Aloha" for our restaurant, so now im worried this computer might end up trying to shut down or something( during a dinner rush or something ?

Have you heard of aloha systems before ? Its is for restaurant , server touch screen kinda thing ??

Ughhh ...its never ending......

Thanks again