Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TV no longer recognizes Laptop

• Please log in to reply

mendillo

mendillo

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello,

For over a year I've connected my laptop to my television for a bigger, clearer picture. I'd connect a serial port wire from the laptop to the back of the TV. Whenever I'd want to switch from the laptop screen to the tv screen, I'd hold the function key and press F8 (CRT/LCD). It'd switch with no problem.

Now, seemingly out of nowhere, the television claims the "mode is not supported" when I hit F8. My laptop screen image goes black when it should be on TV, so I don't know if it's the computer or the television. I recently updated drivers so perhaps that has something to do with it? The tv shouldn't be the issue.

I have a Dell Inspiron B120 running Windows XP

The TV (For what it's worth) is a Samsung LN:19A451C1D

please help as soon as you can. tv on my laptop is horrible and a $400 television is not being used.

Thank You

Advertisements