Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN2K Desktop Background

• Please log in to reply

twebster

twebster

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
My WIN2K desktop is solid black.
When I choose Properties/Settings/advanced there are no choices for the background - no themes. no windows standard, etc.

Can you help me?

Advertisements

flowergirl

flowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
I don't know if this will work for you but I change my desktop background several times every day.

Just pick out a picture that you like, right click on it, and then click on set as desktop background.
This picture can easily be changed whenever you click on a different picture.

Some days I have the sky and clouds, some days pictures of my beautiful colorful flower gardens, some days family pictures etc.

Let me know if this works. it should.
:tazz:

P.S. Do you know if it is ok to answer messages if we are not a qualified member of this GEEKS TO GO expert team?

uche

uche

• Pip
  • 9 posts
wat a reply u sure can help.
my dear am having a problem like that too i feel its either ur registry files is corrupted or u have a spy programme running.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi! You sure can offer advice/help on GeeksToGo....as long as you are not trying to assist someone with Malware removal, etc. The type of help you posted is just fine!

and yes, it sounds like Malware...Smitfraud, to be exact. Please post a HijackThis log in the Malware Removal section, and we'll be happy to help you.

uche

uche

• Pip
  • 9 posts
well i cut this out to help u out from an idea posted by one of the admins, try it it

worked for me it should work 4 u

Right click on http://www.greyknigh...pairDesktop.reg and download

that file. Double click on it and click on Yes when it asks you if you want to merge

it into the registry. Once that's done, restart your computer.

all the best

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Yes, smitfraud and other problems. The problem is solved now I think.

This topic may be closed.