Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble with a game.. (Networking?)

• Please log in to reply

Rimo

Rimo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Okay, so.. me and a friend both play Age of Empires 3: The Asian Dynasties Expansion..

Now, I've had this problem with previous team mates, we couldn't connect to one anothers game.. It would say failed to join game. He couldn't join my game, I couldn't join his. I could join some random dudes game and he couldn't. But when I left, he could join and I couldn't join. So we can't be in the same game room period.

The message we get is Failed to Join Game after a few seconds of 'connecting'

Now, me and my team mate were both on routers, problem was easily fixed. I would unplug my router, and plug into my Ethernet cord to my modem. Everything would work just fine, we could connect to each other and what not.

But now, I have a new partner. Who's just coming back to the game. We both moved and whatnot, so now I'm using AT&T U-verse and my MODEM is actually a ROUTER. Like.. 2 in 1. So I have no way of disconnecting the router and plugging up my modem.. Because my modem is a router, Lol. And he cannot do the same because his computer is literally too far away from his router, he is using wireless. And his router is like 40 feet away. We are left clueless, as we simply cannot play together, which sucks. Because the whole reason we got the game was to play on the same team.

Any solutions? I wasn't sure if this was to go in the games section or the networking section.. Move it if need be.

But, we have both tried the ipconfig /flushdns /release / renew. He had a program that showed which ports his router was trying to connect to, and I think it was 2300? So we both allowed those ports into our routers commands or whatever. (Mine was a firewall. His was linksys. ) ...We're out of options!

Edited by Rimo, 21 September 2009 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements