Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wscntfy.exe trojan

• Please log in to reply

ui264

ui264

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently got a trojan that opens a backdoor and downloads trojans. This trojan also deletes all anti malware tools you use such as AVG, mbam, and HJT (hijackthis).

I would have posted a, HJT log, but i am not able to because it got deleted. I looked in the task manager for suspicious .exe's and found wscntfy.exe. I ended it, but it opened right back up so i searched it and found it was be a virus. (most likely. i have no antivirus programs that will even open to scan it)

i tried reinstalling my SP3, but the virus closed out of that too before it finished.

Please help me.

Edited by ui264, 22 September 2009 - 11:38 PM.

Advertisements

ui264

ui264

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I fixed it myself. it took a few cmd commands and a few programs, but i got it. I also reinstalled SP3 just to replace the infected file with the file of original condition.

The only problem now is my java apps now make me bluescreen (sorta. there is no actual "blue" screen. it just shuts down and restarts.)

Also a lot of my other programs can't run more than 1 of themselves or they freeze. like opening a new window in firefox, or accidentally opening 2 of the same item.