Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frequent disconnects, problem with router...

• Please log in to reply

gamerunknown

gamerunknown

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
We have three computers with access to the internet in the house. Recently only 2 or 1 of them have been able to access the internet. The router is connected to the main PC and a phone line through a filter and an ethernet cable connects it to the PC I am using. The other computer in the network is a laptop. Recently the laptop has been having problems connecting and now only the laptop or the two PCs can access the internet at one time, with resetting the router changing from the connection from the PC to the laptop. The PC I am on also suffers disconnects without the router being reset.

Has anyone encountered this problem before and been able to solve it? I tried phoning my ISP and they asked for information I didn't have to hand (not being able to connect with the main PC at the time).

Advertisements