Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't connect to the inernet. Network adapters have code 19

• Please log in to reply

marsdougalmc

marsdougalmc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was removing some trojans off of a friends laptop and now I can't access the internet to do his updates. I went to Device Manager and under Network adapters the drivers all have yellow ! beside them. Some say code 19, some say code 31. Tried to uninstall them and they will not move. I am stuck, and he wants his laptop back by tomorrow. I have been working on it for the last 5 days. No one will help.

Edited by marsdougalmc, 23 September 2009 - 11:59 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
View devices by connection in Device Manager.
Notice how pretty much everything hangs off the PCI Bus, for reasons I won't go into now. Uninstall the PCI Bus controller. If something wants confirmation for removal, you can say no to interrupt it. Do a "Scan for hardware changes", the computer with a magnifying glass on it. It should find a whole bunch of things and hopefully work again. Code 31 means you may have to feed it a driver though.

marsdougalmc

marsdougalmc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't see a PCI Bus. in View Device by Connection. :-( . Please respond. I don't want to have to buy him another laptop.