Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet, device manager or Help & Support

• Please log in to reply

Witt1

Witt1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Internet: I cannot open internet - I get an error message that explorer could not open search page.

Device Manager: I try to open device manager but it won't open - just won't load anything rater.

Help & Support: Will not open

No network connections shown as available.

Not sure what is going on. I have browsed several help topics, but most say to download a file but I have no internet. Also don't have my XP OS disks.

Can anyone help?

Thank you !!
T

Advertisements

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Try getting some Windows XP discs from a friend...
Go to Start -> Run -> sfc /scannow
If it finds any errors it will prompt you for a CD (you can't do this step unless you have a CD)
Check the root of your C drive C:\ and see if there is a folder called I386.

Try system restore... when did you notice these problems? Also what is the make and model of your computer.

Witt1

Witt1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's a Pavillion ZV5000. I will have to try to hunt down the XP restore CD. Don't know anyone off hand that has one. I started having this issue a couple months ago and just quit using the laptop. I had just installed a new anti virus oddly enough.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Use the computer which you use to write your messages and download the correct Lan driver from HP. Burn to a disk or copy to a stick memory and install in the affected computer. The problems could be caused by malware.