Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

Java/ByteVerify exploit

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
With Java/ByteVerify exploit is this a virus or not, and if not my anti-virus scanner is telling me that it is, help is needed cause I am battling with this and AVG Forum wont help me out.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I had javabytevera & b, was able to delete them manually after I found them using trandmicro housecall. Norton didn't find it at all.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Is there a way to totally stop it from getting on the computers?

Why do people got to be such arseholes and create virus's and stupid things like that?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Why are there thieves, liars, murderers, virus writters and trojans? Simple, there is evil in the world. How to prevent javabytever etc? Just keep av up to date, windows updates current, Ad-Aware and Spybot current and scan often. I havn't had any javabytes since I updated my Spybot Immunizations. I strongly recommend that. :tazz:

NOC

NOC

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Yeah, I had a lot of problems with java byte.Verify Trojan probs. My Norton Internet security 2004 never picks it up. But this solution has worked with me so far. Make sure you go through the entire virus cleaning protocol outlined in the beginning of the forums. Then:
1) Go to control panel and switch to classic view
2) Click your java icon
3) On the General tab you'll see "Temporary Internet files"
4) Click on settings and the third button on top should say "View applets"
5) Hit that and you'll see all of your cached java scripts (also hold data not erased by cleaners about you internet history)
6) Go to options and uncheck "enable caching"
7) You may want to delete all the cached files found in the list…I did just to be safe, and I also shrunk the cache size to 5000 KB to keep it under control.
-this keeps java from storing scripts that covertly hold Trojan like code on your system.
-apparently when you download certain media from certain sites, the code is surreptitiously embedded. The scrip activates itself out of zip files that are cached by your Java 2 platform during its normal routing. Damage is minimal (so far) by these "Trojans" but there are several classes. Once I disabled Java's ability to keep the data stored, they haven't been able to stay in the system long enough to activate.

Hope this helps,
NOC

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Thank you