Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:22 PM
Posted 14 May 2005 - 04:43 PM
Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:25 PM
Why do people got to be such arseholes and create virus's and stupid things like that?
Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:01 PM
Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:13 AM
1) Go to control panel and switch to classic view
2) Click your java icon
3) On the General tab you'll see "Temporary Internet files"
4) Click on settings and the third button on top should say "View applets"
5) Hit that and you'll see all of your cached java scripts (also hold data not erased by cleaners about you internet history)
6) Go to options and uncheck "enable caching"
7) You may want to delete all the cached files found in the list…I did just to be safe, and I also shrunk the cache size to 5000 KB to keep it under control.
-this keeps java from storing scripts that covertly hold Trojan like code on your system.
-apparently when you download certain media from certain sites, the code is surreptitiously embedded. The scrip activates itself out of zip files that are cached by your Java 2 platform during its normal routing. Damage is minimal (so far) by these "Trojans" but there are several classes. Once I disabled Java's ability to keep the data stored, they haven't been able to stay in the system long enough to activate.
Hope this helps,
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users