Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trying to get X800 to work with my TV

• Please log in to reply

Dustinw

Dustinw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I'm using Windows xp and a X800 Vid card.

I used a S-Vid cable from Card to TV...

If i restart my PC....i see the booting screen appear on my TV....than the windows xp appears on my tv....as soon as XP is booted up my TV goes black.

If i shut down....it switches from black to blue on the TV...

Sorry if sounds confusing, i'm not quite sure how to explain it. Basically it works fine, and shows what's on my PC on my TV during the boot process but as soon as graphics come up, it goes black on my TV.

Does anyone know what i can do? This is my first time trying to see my PC screen and watch movies on my TV.

Thanks so much

Advertisements

n3ko

n3ko

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Dustinw :)

You can't just plug in the SVideo and have it work. The settings for display output and aspect ratio on your computer are different for a computer than for a TV, you'll need to change them.

Try following all the steps listed Here. It should work.