Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

e machine motherboard

• Please log in to reply

dscottwed

dscottwed

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I removed the 2 pin red and white pwr connector and the blue and white pwr LED connector ( by mistake)
from a friends computer. Its an E machine W3650. Im not sure where they go back. Can you please
point me in the right direction?
thanx

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Sadly, the ATX Form Factor standard does not mandate specific color coding for PC wiring. So you need to do some tracing. These sound like the wires from the case's front panel, and if so, then they go to the same "header" (cluster of pin connections) as the other front panel wires. This header should be labeled to show where those wires go. However, there is no ATX FF standard for labeling either, so while yours might say PWR, the board may say +5VCC, for example - and that's assuming that's power for the front panel power button, and not the front panel power-on indicator LED. So see if you can locate the header and read the labels. If they don't match up, post back here and maybe we can sort it out.

dscottwed

dscottwed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
They did come from the front of the case. I just cant figure out what set of pins on the cluster they came off of. The lables dont help.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
And without us knowing what the labels do say, we cannot help. Note the LED wires don't have to be there. They are just a convenience. But if the other is for the power button, they do. You need to look carefully at the front panel header and note the labels. Post back and maybe we can help.

While in there, see if you can find any marks indicating the brand and model number of the motherboard. We might be able to find documentation if we know that.

dscottwed

dscottwed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I hope this helps. The lables are from L to R. JLPC, R769, Penable, R39, R40, R406, C327,R411,
R417, R419, C182, C184, PANEL 1.
The brand name is ECS. I believe the model is 15-K76-013102.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
No. Those labels are not what we are looking for. I am talking about the header itself. Printed on the motherboard, in tiny print around the header will, or should be identifying marks for the pins. I don't mean paper labels attached to the board, but printed text on the board that labels devices and pins.

I can't find that model number - Belarc Advisor may help there, just don't paste the report as it contains information about your computer others don't need to see. Your model number did take me to this ECS motherboard that I suspect is similar.

Note on page 10, this picture: Posted Image and note the location of the front panel header in the lower right, called Panel 1. Then on page 12, you will see this illustration explaining the pin-outs: Posted Image. Use them to determine which is which.

dscottwed

dscottwed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
You have been very helpful. It worked. Thank you, and thank you for your service to our country.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

It worked. Thank you, and thank you for your service to our country.

Great! Glad you got it going, and thanks.