Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp setup

• Please log in to reply

techk1957

techk1957

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i accidently started to install a new copy of xp over the original copy i dont want to continue setup so i stopped setup and installed a new copy on the same hard drive and same partition under a folder called mine so i could access the windows folder to delete a copnflicting driver that kept causing a blue screen after i figured out which driver and deleted it i accidently started installing xp over my original copy and now when i start my computer and try to go to the original windows it starts to load then says setup is restarting is there a file i can edit or delete to let me go to windows without having to finish installation and losing all my programs and apps thank you

Advertisements