Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

antivirus system pro

• Please log in to reply

BR292

BR292

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Problems occured after an email was opened and the computer screen switched to the blue screen of death. Rebooted and had this new antivirus system pro on my system, also when the internet explorer was opened the address would have extra characters in it ie: http:\\m.www.yahoo.com. when I ran Mcafee it found alot of trojans and would say it cleaned them out but they would still be there, same thing with running trendmicro.
Came across this website and downloaded and ran malwarebytes anti-malware program and saved the first log, tried to get it to remove the infections but they stayed. I then saw another recommended site in another forum of using combo-fix (name was changed) and ran that and finally saw stuff being removed. I proceeded to run the malwarebytes again and it finally cleared stuff out. I next restarted the computer and it finally restarted correctly, no blue error screen. I reran the two programs and they came back clean. So I tried the explorer again but the extra characters are still there.
I looked at the guide in this forum for taking care of malwares and started to follow the procedures but it got stuck at the sysrestore program, it says that I need to install the v2.0.50727 back into the .net framework for it to work. So now I'm at a loss of what to do next.
None of the virus programs detect anything and the internet address bar has the extra character and the phony virus scanner looks like its still there. I'm almost at the point of doing a whole system reboot, would like to avoid that. Thank you.

attached are the scans from rootrepel and the two reports from OTL. When I run Malware it comes up zeros, nothing found.

Attached Files

Edited by BR292, 29 September 2009 - 10:52 PM.

Advertisements