Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ns2.exe

• Please log in to reply

MegaZero

MegaZero

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so first hi everyone im new to this site and I usually dont need help with removing viruses my computer, but this one has me stumped so far. I will explain what happened, I downloaded a program that is supposed to detect and suggest what drivers to update and install. after i installed the driver's recommended about a day later my computer after restart and after logging into user account would go into a blue screen saying "this computer has been shut down for your protection" and a bunch of other words and numbers (I tried to take a screen of it but cant sry). I figured out later in the processes running it's a process named ns2.exe that is causing the blue screen. there was a process ns1.exe but i was able to get rid of it. I've ran numerous different virus scan's and spybot's and even a registry cleaner but nothing can get rid of this problem for me. Also occasionally a rather medium icon appears in the middle of my desktop screen saying this computer will automatically shut down in 45 sec's and there is nothing i can do to stop it, though i have ran into that problem before just forgot the mothod's of terminating that process....any help will be greatly appreciated, but hopefully i will have the problem solved myself soon.
thanks, MegaZero

Edited by MegaZero, 29 September 2009 - 10:10 PM.

Advertisements

MegaZero

MegaZero

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh and please dont tell me to run malware bytes or spybot i cannot run these programs for some reason....i just tried to intall and run malware bytes again for the 5th time and still i cannot run these programs....