Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Used windows repair for XP and now the monitor is blank, can not conti

• Please log in to reply

griz507

griz507

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Had a power interup during a system restore. Can no longer use system restore in normal or safe mode. Attempted to reinstall windows to fix promblems using the repair function. Everything apears to work normally until it finishes the install and then the monitor goes blank. Do I have to reinstall monitor drivers? But I do not have the screen to make selections. I can load the CD into the drive but that is it. I remember having to do it during the boot up process once before but a dell tech talked me through it. No longer under waranty, trying to do it my self. Thanks for any suggestions.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Load as normal, keep pressing F8. On the boot screen for Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, etc, there will be an option "Enable VGA Mode". Use the cursor keys to select that.