Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can not upload files after Checkpoint VPN-1 Securemote installed

• Please log in to reply

Tamir

Tamir

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this problem I'm having. I recently installed Checkpoint VPN-1 Securemote program on my PC. However I noticed that when the Securemote is installed I can not upload any files to the Internet including mail attachments, loading photos to Forums etc. Any upload at all.

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on my PC and here is what I did:

1. I uninstalled the previous version of the Securemote I had using Revo Uninstaller. It also removed some registry entries.
2. Reboot the PC and installed VPN-1 Securemote.
3. After the reboot I could not start the Securemote application. I tried manually to start the SR_service but the got the following error:

"The Check Point VPN-1 Securemote service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

4. I searched the web and found this page:
https://supportcente...utionid=sk33360

Which basically says that the SR_service.exe process didn't start because a scv dll file was not extracted correctly (scvprod_lang_pack.dll).

To cut things short I download and installed the Hot fix from the above page and after reboot the SR_service was automatically started and I could start the Securemote application.

However this Hot fix probably was the reason I can't upload files anymore. I'm using my ISP web site to check the Upload speed and the browser just hang. I tried on both Firefox and IE.
Note that the Securemote application is disconnected. As a matter of fact I didn't configure the VPN at all, just installed the program + Hot fix and that on itself prevent me from upload.

But this is not all,

5. I downloaded WinSock XP Fix to try and restore my internet connection:
http://www.snapfiles...nsockxpfix.html

After running it, and reboot, I was back to the start point where I could upload files to the internet, but the Checkpoint SR_service was unable to start and gave me this error from (3)
So I think that something in that Hot fix solved the Securemote installation but prevent me from uploading files.

I'm sorry for that very long story but I wanted to give as much details as I could.

I really hope someone could help me with this because I have little knowledge with PCs and Networking and I'm walking blind here.

Many thanks,

- Tamir.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what are you using the checkpoint vpn product for? are there other options that you could use? have you contacted checkpoint (or whoever makes the software) to see if they've heard of this issue?

Tamir

Tamir

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using the VPN-1 to connect my PC at home to my PC at work. This way I have a full visibility of my desktop at work and I can run programs and not just, say, check emails.
It must be this specific application because of security issues (at least this is what the administrator at work had told me).

About support, it may be tricky. I tried in the past using Checkpoint online Support center but you have to pay in order to get technical support. I looked at it in the past, I will try to look at it again.

Thanks for the help,

- Tamir.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
your work admin is correct as to what they want you to use....so i'd suggest sticking with that

if your work is supplying the software...they should have a support contract...talk to your admin at work and see if they've got a support contract or if they can help you out with this issue