Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New around and need some advice q:

• Please log in to reply

omgitsalan

omgitsalan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone, my birthday is coming up in a couple of months and I want to get a new gaming rig. But, i'll have to build it on a budget. What would yu recommend? Another idea I had was having it built at ibuypower... After looking arouns I ended up with this specs:

AMD Phenom II AM3 DDR3 Configurator - $595
Case ( PSI ArmorX Gaming Tower Case - Yellow )
Processor ( [== Quad Core ==] AMD Phenom™ II X4 910 Quad-Core CPU )
Motherboard ( Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P -- AMD 770 Chipset w/7.1 Sound, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, PCI-E MB )
Memory ( 2 GB [1 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT - 512MB - Single Card )
Case Lighting ( None )
Power Supply ( 450 Watt -- Standard Power Supply )
Processor Cooling ( AVC Silent AMD CPU Fan and Heatsink - Quiet & Overclocking Proof )
Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA )
Primary Hard Drive ( 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive )
Data Hard Drive ( None )
2nd Optical Drive ( None )
Optical Drive ( 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )

Do you think I could get anything better for under $600 USD?

Thanks (:

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi mate and welcome :)

I strongly recommend that you build it yourself! If you follow the right guide, you'll find it's rather easy and you may even enjoy yourself. The problem is finding the right guide - and the answer is the guide pinned right here in System Building and Upgrading. :)

If you are looking at getting this system in a couple of months, head on back here closer to then and I'll make some recommendations. It's a bit silly telling you what to get now, as the market changes a fair bit and new parts are released often. When you have the cash ready to burn and you are ready to go, we'll help you get the best bang for your dollar at the time.

If you have any further questions in the meantime, feel free to ask.

Troy