Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant uninstall oblivion, need help

• Please log in to reply

ares12

ares12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, i tryed uninstalling oblivion after it started going slow but then when i tryed uninstalling it, i couldnt.

>SetupDLL\setupDLL.cpp (390_
PAPP:Oblivion
PVENDOR:Bethesda Softworks (http://www.bethsoft.com)
PGUID:35Cb6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054BO
$11.0.028844
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) IE 8.0.6001.18702

Then a 2nd box poped up and had 4 suggestions, and at the bottom there was this: Error code:-5001

What should i do, plz help me

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello ares12 and welcome to G2G!

Sounds like it's going to have to be a manual uninstall.
Try deleting the oblivion installation folder (if you don't want your save games delete the save games folder in My Documents/My Games/Oblivion) and then run a registry clean up utility to remove the left over Windows registry settings.

Restart your PC, install Oblivion again, then test it without any patches to see if it works and then install patches/official mods etc etc testing as you go. Testing it might help to figure out where the issue was coming from.