Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to know what kind of virus this is and how to get rid of it.

• Please log in to reply

Ahzeem

Ahzeem

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am an idiot. I downloaded a file from an email under the impression that it was clean. My Anti-virus (AVG free) said it was fine. I double click the file and a split second later I notice the extension. It was an .exe (application) file and I was thinking I was opening a video. I screwed up royally. I opened this strange file in Notepad and I got only a few clear un-encrypted words. It had a bunch of stuff about accounts, world of warcraft, battle.net. I have the file saved as a notepad doc if you wish to see it. I don't want to copy and paste the text; all be it encrypted.

Basically, I want to know what this file is, is doing to my pc, and how to stop / kill it now. I am really uncomfortable about this file. Your help is much appreciated.

P.S. I decided to post the code against my better judgment. I am sorry if this is just worthless to you guys.

Edited:

Please refer to the Cleaning Guide:

http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html

Edited by JSntgRvr, 05 October 2009 - 07:40 AM.
Removed worthless data

Advertisements