Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another try at having fun

• Please log in to reply

Mr.E

Mr.E

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Ok here we go again.. last time this ended in fail. Perhaps we can keep it clean this time. no religion, no politics, no anything else to get the topic closed.

I want you to tell a story about the person above you including where they will be in the next 20 years..maybe tell how they got there... use you imagination and make it interesting.... Of course i would love to start us off.. but there is no one above me....

so.. where will i be in 20 years?

Advertisements

Icaro Freire

Icaro Freire

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
You again??

ok, my turn... in twenty years...you'll be working in the Middle-East as peacemaker.

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

You again??

Yep me again.. lol i was up last night having to check up on the computers at work. I hate being on-call. but since i was up and had nothing better to do anyways i got on here and made a slew of random posts... like this one for example :)

IcaroFreire will be running a school in Australia off of Windows XP. He wass elected President of the Global Education for the Masses pact drawn up in 2025 and now travels all over the world each night to ensure that order is kept in all the other school return to Australia every morning to tend to his own school.

... Next? :)

Oh hey just a P.S. i would absolutely love to go to the Black River to fish for Giant Peacock Bass.. One day I will finally get to do that...

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Mr. E (congrats on the new screen name- easy to spell and remember, but unique enough to be noticed)

In 20 years you will have gray hair, a mortgage, a house full of kids, laundry piled to the ceiling and bills that exceed your bank balance. Oh, wait a minute, that's me!

Twenty years is hard. 20 years ago I was in a long term "alternative" relationship, drove a sports car, wore lipstick and had a pager. (Cell phones were as big as a shoe box and you had to be really important to have one!) Twenty years ago I never imagined the Internet, or the children, or owning a home, especially in Ohio. My daughter is three months older than Google.

How about a five year plan?
Johanna

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Mr. E (congrats on the new screen name- easy to spell and remember, but unique enough to be noticed)

In 20 years you will have gray hair, a mortgage, a house full of kids, laundry piled to the ceiling and bills that exceed your bank balance. Oh, wait a minute, that's me!

Twenty years is hard. 20 years ago I was in a long term "alternative" relationship, drove a sports car, wore lipstick and had a pager. (Cell phones were as big as a shoe box and you had to be really important to have one!) Twenty years ago I never imagined the Internet, or the children, or owning a home, especially in Ohio. My daughter is three months older than Google.

How about a five year plan?
Johanna

thank you thank you thank you! Got the name change and I even changed my avatar.. though it is not showing up to me as different.. hmm... yep 20 years is a long time and probably a huge change for everyone.. Thats what makes it fun.. anything could be happening in 20 years. Who knows we may be president of a country or may not even be here anymore! again 20 years is a loooong time(yet im sure once we're there we will look back and say "whoa, its been 20 years since i was talking about 20 years in the future on that GeeksToGo.com site.. :) ")

BUT.. just incase this thread gets closed for unforeseen reason like the last one did.. i already have another one brewing.. muahahahaha...

Mr.E

Mr.E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Oh yea.. i forgot to tell about Johanna in 20 years...

In 20 years Johanna will be grandma of 5 but will have gotten an exact replica of the sports car she used to drive. Answering her pager(which is now one of a kind) she whisks off to work at NASA putting quota limits on user profile and other administration work and enjoying every second of it because she doesnt have a phone to listen to when the users get mad about having no space(or similar). Later, she flys by some kids electric sports car and laughs because she has a real car and because their jaws just hit the ground...

Next?