Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop connected wirelessly to modem, but no internet?

• Please log in to reply

Moeror

Moeror

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Ok, I have a laptop that has wifi. I have a wireless D-link router at my modem. For ages before today the laptop has worked and given me internet connection. However we moved things around yesterday and had to unconnect the modem and everything. Now, the laptop says it has a succesful connection with the signal, but it doesnt access the internet at all. There is a little lock on the recieving side of the signal. I tried leaving the laptop on and resetting the modem and the router, but nope. The internet works just fine on the other computers. Its a pretty basic router and it pretty much does everything automatically. I tried disabling the wifi adapter for a few minutes and i also rebooted the laptop after i reset the modem and the D-link. Any ideas?

EDIT: Also my Internet Wii can't connect to internet or any of it's online services so I'm assuming it's the router.

Edited by Moeror, 07 October 2009 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements