Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hp laptop black screen + Restore7.exe - Application error

• Please log in to reply

wlv36

wlv36

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A couple of months ago my laptop [hp pavilion entertainment dv9000] died. All of a sudden the screen froze and i had to turn it off and on again from the power button, but when i did it the screen was black with some white patterns - i couldnt fix it back then because i was busy but i removed the hard disk and i turned it into an external disk [formated the disk]. Recently i connected my laptop to my desktop's monitor through a vga connection and i also plugged my external disk to my laptop and i tried to boot it with my laptop's backup disk but after a while i received this message; 'Restore7.exe-Application error. The instruction at 0x77572591 referenced at memory at 0x00008084. the memory could not be read'...any ideas on what should i do next? thanks in advance

Advertisements