Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hyundai monitor driver not found

• Please log in to reply

jesse24

jesse24

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I bought a Hyundai 19" LCD monitor (model x93w), hooked it up to my computer and was prompted by my Windows XP "add new hardware" wizard to install the respective driver. The monitor came with a cd with all the drivers for 7 of its models (including mine, the x93w) and I clicked the "install from a specific location" option to search for the respective driver to install from my J:/ drive (the cd-rom). When I located the directory "J:\X96W\Driver\HDIT17_19W_XP" where the correct driver (named "HDIT17_19W.inf") is located on the cd and click 'next', the wizard searches for "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" and the result is "Cannot Install this Hardware: the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software". The problem is that I ACTUALLY DID direct the wizard to the right directory with the right driver. I'm kinda in the dark about what's going on here and if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
(It might help to mention that I also recently switched my video card from an ATI Radeon Sapphire 4760 (PCI express) to my onboard video card temporarily due a defect but didn't change anything in my BIOS as it automatically detected the ATI video not beind there(and I haven't uninstalled the original ATI software yet if that has anything to do with it as well).

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you got the "found new hardware" message...had you plugged the new monitor into the ATI card? monitors don't actually need drivers (anymore at least)...all they do is take a signal from the graphics card and display it....

if you had uninstalled the ATI card through device manager (without removing the software)...then plugging in a monitor would cause it to come back online...and thus ask for drivers to be installed....so the new hardware wizard is PROBABLY asking for the ATI drivers not the monitor drivers

jesse24

jesse24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
I plugged my monitor into my onboard video card slot from the beginning because I don't have my ATI card, it's being sent back to the company as it's defective (and I have now uninstalled the ATI software that ran the card). As far as the 'plug and play' quality you say my monitor has, unless it's a video card problem, the monitor's DEFFINATELY not working like my other one did because it's very slow and chopy (I scroll up and down and it looks like the refresh rate is slow as [bleep]), and anyways, Hyundai included drivers for the monitor I just bought so I don't think it's 'plug and play'. The only thing I'm thinking right now is that I need to re-install the driver for my crappy nVidia GeForce 6100 (onboard) from their website. I'll try that and let you know. Thanks for the response anyways.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...i've been working with computers for a while now...and virtually every monitor i've gotten (even CRTs) come with disks...and not once have i had to install the software residing on those disks...ever

your video card is what controls the output to the monitor...and those are probably the drivers that are being requested....so do as you're planning and attempt to upgrade the video card drivers for the onboard card and see what happens

jesse24

jesse24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
Ahhh, my bad, it WAS because I was running without the respective Geforce driver and not the monitor's fault at all. Sorry man, I feel like such a noob. Thanks anyways.