Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I play DOS game on 64-bit vista? heh

• Please log in to reply

oyzomagno

oyzomagno

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Trying to run a DOS game on Vista home premium 64-bit.
I am trying to run jazz jackrabbit, keeps giving me an error message telling me to check whether the software is designed for 32-bit or 64-bit... Anyone know how to get around this?

the game jazz jackrabbit can be downloaded here:

http://www.dosgamesa.../file/jjrabbit/

---(by the way, is it legal to download a game from this site? The game is over 10 years outdated...)
Never mind... the first episode is shareware...

Edited by oyzomagno, 08 October 2009 - 10:48 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

---(by the way, is it legal to download a game from this site? The game is over 10 years outdated...)
Never mind... the first episode is shareware...

Shareware distributions are fine. Distribute them until the cows come home.
Just because the game's 15 years old doesn't mean it's out of copyright, it won't be out of copyright for the best part of the rest of the century.

Not all older software runs in modern day environments. You may have to use a copy of Virtual PC, install some form of DOS into that and use this game in there to play it.

oyzomagno

oyzomagno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Qemu manager should work then... alright. Thank you