Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to uninstall a software programme

• Please log in to reply

sajag1

sajag1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, I downloaded a free trial of Nero 9. When the trial period ended I tried to uninstall the software using the add/remove option in the control panel but I am unable to do so. Whenever I try to download anything or play DVDs on the computer Nero 9 window comes up and says time to purchase or cancel and I cannot get rid of it. I would be most grateful if someone could tell me how to get rid of this. Thank you.

Sajag1

Advertisements

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
This might help.......... http://www.blogsdna....l-cleantool.htm

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just wondering why you don't use the uninstall command in the Nero program folder itself?

sajag1

sajag1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you, Jburd, I will try that.

Sajag1

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
sajag, I suggest to NOT download any user posted links unless you trust the site for now try rshaffers suggestion much safer

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

sajag, I suggest to NOT download any user posted links unless you trust the site for now try rshaffers suggestion much safer

The download is within the link........... not the link. I provided this to help, and if he chooses not to use it it's his choice. Just trying to provide some info. I wondered the same as rshaffer61, but figured it wasn't clear to him.............

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
jburd1800 there is no disrespect intended and I understand what you are offering.
We like to use the built in uninstaller first and then work on to the manufacturer removal tool. :)
There are some programs that will not remove without these specialized tools and we will use them in these cases. :)
Thank you for the suggestion as it will be used if sajag1 cannot use the program uninstall. I'm sure Computer Guy AJ meant no disrespect in what he posted. :)

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

jburd1800 there is no disrespect intended and I understand what you are offering.
We like to use the built in uninstaller first and then work on to the manufacturer removal tool. :)
There are some programs that will not remove without these specialized tools and we will use them in these cases. :)
Thank you for the suggestion as it will be used if sajag1 cannot use the program uninstall. I'm sure Computer Guy AJ meant no disrespect in what he posted. :)

Understand, and appreciate the response. Been a lurker here a quite awhile and have seen how overwhelmed you guys get so thought I would give it a shot. Am learning, and hopefully will continue too.....

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are doing great and we appreciate your assistance. Feel free to help and if needed we can assist you if you run into a issue that seems to get the best of you. :)

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks...........will hang around

Advertisements

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
yea no disrespect intended I don't like to offend people in anyway I just meant that be careful with this some of the mods around here don't take kindly to posting the links to software for the safety of the members here at geeks to go,not saying the download is unsafe just taking precautions

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Makes sense to me....... thanks.

Computer Guy AJ

Computer Guy AJ

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
once again I am sorry no disrespect downloaded myself scanned its clean says AVG plus I needed because nero is not cool

jburd1800

jburd1800

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Have used the site in the past...... glad it worked for ya.

sajag1

sajag1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
>HI, Guys, just want to thank Jburd1800 as his suggestion worked and Iam free of Nero at last !!! Could not uninstall the programme as suggested by Rshaffer61 as it would not uninstall. Thank you once again.

Sajag 1