Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Security Tool Virus

• Please log in to reply

diannalcw

diannalcw

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
It looks like the virus is called security tool. I get continuous popups that say my computer is infected by several trojans, worms and other things. I can't download anything that was asked for me to do prior to starting a new string. My desktop is missing, yet is is there for one second when I turn my computer on. I already had malwarebytes installed, yet it appears the .exe file has been deleted. I tried to download it again, but am unable to. I see a program called security tool is a new program installed on my computer, but I didn't install it and I can't run add/remove programs to get rid of it. I couldn't attach any files because I couldn't download anything. Thank you so much in advance. Dianna

Advertisements

diannalcw

diannalcw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I didn't get any responses, so what I did was restored my computer to a date earlier than when I got the virus, then I ran a scan. It seems my computer is not completely clean as it is slower and I occasionally have problems connecting to the internet. Maybe things in my registry. I can download things now and run them, so I will run the preliminary things and post them here. Thank you