Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TrojanSPM/LX removal help. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

silentautumn

silentautumn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I've been having some issues with a certain virus that i got. It brings up a false windows warning in the bottom right corner constantly stating
"Click here to protect your computer from spyware!"
"Your computer is infected! Windows has detected an infection of spyware! It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most up-to-date antispyware for you."

Also i sometimes, not as often get a popup stating "Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe you need to update your current security software. Click OK to download official intrusion detection system (IDS software)

I would post a screenshot of both but i cannot open paint to put the screenshot on because of an error message i will adress

I know this is a malware problem from a rogue antivirus company trying to get me to spend money to rid me of the virus they gave me.

hxxp://advancedvirusremover-2009.com
This is the site they are trying me to get to.

I cannot use System Restore or Command Prompt. anytime i try i get an error that i suspect is actually the virus blocking the use of them stating "Application cannot be executed. The file is infected. Please activate your antivirus software."

I did a full system scan using Norton Antivirus 2008 it found one Spyware tracker but this has not rid me of this problem.

I also tried using one of your other guides from a topic someone else has started with the same virus using The comedian.exe. i downloaded the file and tried to run it but got the same "Application cannot be executed ect" message when trying to open the file.

Everytime i try to click a link i get redirected to whatever it wants me to go to. for instance when i try to click your Home link it redirects me to

hxxp://www.allgive.com/alt/results.php?sea...amp;affid=44758

I copy link location and this is what i get (from the topic i referred to earlier.)
hxxp://thefeedyard.com/?do=rphp&sub=24...us-t252075.html

The only way i can use links at all is to delete all text following up to

www.geekstogo.com/forum/TrojanSPM-LX-virus-t252075.html

As you can imagine this is very frustrating as i sometimes also have a connection problem unrelated to the virus that sometimes gives me the 404 error on certain webpages when the internet works just fine for others. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated and if theres anything i might have left out feel free to ask and ill be glad to fill you in. I look forward to a response, thank you.

Edited by Octagonal, 11 October 2009 - 04:26 AM.
Removed links

Advertisements

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts
Hello, silentautumn, and welcome to GeeksToGo! Before I can help you, please do the following:

Please follow the steps in this topic, and post back with the following logs if you are still having problems and I will look over the log for you:

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
  • OTL.txt and Extras.txt
  • RootRepeal.txt

If something doesn't work, make a note of it, and move on to the next step. Tell me if anything doesn't work, but make sure you tried everything first. :)

silentautumn

silentautumn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i just decided to do a complete reformat, took care of everything, and seemed alot simpler. thanks for the help though

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.