Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LP to CD

• Please log in to reply

pawprint

pawprint

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Good Morning.
I want to record my old vinyl records to CD. I think my turntable still works but I need recommendations for software.
Thanks

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Software is not the problem. You need the right hardware to amplify to low-level signal from the phono cartridge, then convert it to digital format. Entering convert records to digital in to Google will show you many options - check out http://askbobrankin....ords_to_cd.html

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks for the reply.
I actually have a turntable, amplifier and cables. All top of the line, in their day.
What I need is software to remove noise, normalize audio, pause between tracks and tag tracks.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

All top of the line, in their day.

Well, being an avid amateur audiophile since the late 60s, I learned long ago electronics goes obsolete the day after you buy it. If your receiver has the necessary outputs, and your card the inputs, then you are fine. As for software, you might check out Audacity mentioned in the link above.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Audiocity is a great program. I used it years ago for my music and it worked flawlessly.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Audiocity is a great program. I used it years ago for my music and it worked flawlessly.

Audiocity? Or Audacity?

pawprint

pawprint

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Whichever one you referenced. I just started typing and didn't pay attention. :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yeah, my fingers often wander off on their own too!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This happens when I try to hurry.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I wish. I actually think at times there's more brain cells in my pinky fingers than what left between my ears - but I blame that on quinquagenarian cranial flatulence to make me feel better. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)