Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router Wireless

• Please log in to reply

SquallHart

SquallHart

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First off thanks in advance, now to the problem...I have a 8Mb connection, Router D-Link 624S 1 Pc(windows 7) and 2 Notebooks(7 and vista), 1 Iphone and a normal Cellphone conected to the Network

Lately i(Vista Notebook) got a huge amount of lag when all 3 are connected with some rare exeptions, but the problem is that my little brother (the Pc) doesnt got lag, and when im connected trought cable to the router i dont have lag either, but... if im on cable and my Older brother is on his notebook(wireless) i have lag, so i think it might be the antena of the router, and the only thing i think for fix it is to buy a new router... :/ maby you have other conclusion/solution... Please help

Thanks again, i hope you answere

Advertisements

VinnyTAMU

VinnyTAMU

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
SquallHart,

Does anyone use bittorrent or other P2P software on any of the computers? If so do they limit the amount of connections or bandwidth? Also regarding wireless, what channel are you transmitting on? You might try setting it to AUTO to avoid conflicts with other APs.

SquallHart

SquallHart

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No p2p only me, and ill try the auto channel, i'll keep you posted ty for your reply