Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD Ripping to bad file names.

• Please log in to reply

RussellV

RussellV

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi all,

I need some serious help. I just bought an audio bible (very nice set, it is dramatized instead of just read by a person). I don't have a CD or cassette player in my truck (thanks to the company I work for in there search for better technology I have an am/fm/weather, a usb, an aux jack, and a sd card reader. So I come home and rip all 79 cds to mp3 using FreeRip, then I used ReNamer to change all the file names from track numbers to the bible book name and chapter number (ie Track1.mp3 to Genesis1.mp3), which took a little over a day and I ended up with what I thought was 1189 nicely sorted mp3 files. I copied them all to my mp3 player (Sony Walkman) about 5.5Gb and all it sees is the folders I made for each book (Genesis, Exodus, etc) and Track#s, which is ok on the smaller books, but just Genesis is 4 disks which means I have (4) Track1.mp3, (4) Track2.mp3, etc etc.

I can change "title" through windows explorer (Windows 7) and they seem to show up fine (I manually changed Genesis01-15), and it recognized them in order.

Is there a way to change all the titles in a batch file or mass renaming software? The one I have does not do the title and a couple others I tried will not do it either.

Any Input would be appreciated.
Thank You

Edited by RussellV, 12 October 2009 - 11:42 AM.

Advertisements

PatrickMc

PatrickMc

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Take a look at couple of batch renaming scripts posted in another geekstogo thread - http://www.geekstogo...ed-t237566.html . I like the biterscripting approach - I use the script similar to that script every day for renaming and moving system log files.

If you show me a sample of exactly how these files are named today, and what you want to rename them to, I can show you a way of doing that in a script. Manually renaming them will probably take a long time.

You can also google up biterscripting and rename for other renaming scripts people have posted.

Patrick