Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with dual display for Laptop and tv after upgrading display

• Please log in to reply

Bob Fishwick

Bob Fishwick

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just updated my display drivers from intel, and prior to this i could view anything on my laptop on my television using s-video cable, i normally right click on the desktop and get graphics options, then choose dual display, notebook, or notebook and tv.

I now cannot do this, and wondering if anyone can guide me through this.

Thanks

Bob

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you right click on the desktop and choose properties, then go to the settings tab and click the advanced button you should be able to get into the intell driver settings

Bob Fishwick

Bob Fishwick

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your advice, i have done that before , but it now tells me i have to connect two displays for this to work, so does this mean i have to connect another cable as well as the s-video cable ?? and then i can watch stuff of my laptop on my tv as well ??

Thanks again

Bob