Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

concern over weird, unsolicited emails

• Please log in to reply

janney

janney

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i keep receiving these emails that come "innocently" named. am getting concerned. don't know from whom, where, why or anything about them. they just began showing up. i don't even understand the reasoning behind them. i do not want to open them, so i keep spamming them and blocking the address from coming. however they keep coming (sometimes five or more a day!), all with a .info extension. theybegin with a subject that's innocent spam...something such as free credit report, or life insurance, or health issues. they are just a mumbo-jumbo of words which make absolutely no sense whatsoever. i am not only completely sick and tired of receiving them, i am really beginning to get concerned as i see no purpose to them. here are two "samples":

facilitation concretizations discards blatantly. crossbred greyhen electrosurgical favourites bagged anthologizing googolplex geriatrics exulted inclosesfestal beeline Endicott gynaeceum. deaconise grudgingly infatuations fortifying Faber exosphere autographs diatomite debating gradushottish conservatized coiffeur Kiblah. bioflavonoid gelibolu babbling clinicians junket enamelists gauze aerophagia adhesives draftsmenaerofoil attic grudgingly Blythe. lagoonal indirected aeonisms champs feria bedazzles fibula ignites fitfully frenchifyexecutrices Elfland equivalent Dukas. crewel energizing assertiveness hypochondria instantiating intracity Goodwin fieldstone cupel beamishacetonize fining laterisations electronic. glamoring hazelnuts fawn evangelize bursal deceives laborlesses labourism drive breadbasketboardinghouses estrange galiot adventurousness. floristically electrophotographic capsulising euphorbia electroencephalogram fetidness finders groundsel judgmatical annihilating....begetting ataxia flumes cudbear. humpbacks involutory hydrogenises.

parsonsd-Please Show Images To see the content of this message

consoled innersole desulphurising cryptograms. broddle apprehensible diagonalises bereavement horsemen Kowloon constricting discipliner covalency flippingfashionabilities abstractable beeline hypervitalizes. disarranges contused hereabouts iodinate installant apocalypse cuspid hoodlums acoustics epigrammatisationangora cripples asquith intercommunion. bacchius alder equimolecular abysm gals aerosolize immortally Continentalises fondly galipotgranitise incorporeal cellaring discloser. bioastronautics extolment cluttered Boltzmann anointment charioteers empery concreting grapple courtelleDietrich effervescently coarsest drubbing. favourless furthermost dumbest broaches familiarizers Kootenay fictionalized knower lag geoidinterchangeably arcana distant hairline. entreating hoplite cascading gentlemanise alkalize Berea Hansard bazon abduce cleverestdiadelphous ached alcohol flint. bullpout drapable ambala incestuous employers conglomerator attractors anthropogenetic brominises grangerise....ametropic Frankfort databases cannibalized. felsitic clamoured harrying.

please, please is there anything for me to be concerned about? and how do i stop these from coming? any info you can give me or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you, in advance!!!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's called spam....if you find a way to completely stop it...you'll be a millionaire

are these coming to a hotmail or gmail or yahoo account? or your ISP email?

janney

janney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for the quick reply.
this site is pretty cool.
a kindness is long remembered...

i use road runner for my email.
i can understand spam.i get that.
what i don't get is what the purpose of these are? a bunch of nonsense words that go nowhere?of no use?
should i be concerned at all about them?
perhaps i am slow, but hard for me to wrap around fact that someone (many, many someone's, obviously!) have nothing better to do with their life. even taking a nap sounds better to me!!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...they're usual purpose is to convince you to open the mail and thereby infect your computer with a virus or malware (which is usually packaged with these weird mails)...some times the mail includes a link...

the other main reason to have all the randomness is sometimes to confuse spam filters and thereby get the mail through

and....most spam isn't sent by a someone...it's sent by a something

VinnyTAMU

VinnyTAMU

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
One recommendation that I would make regarding the filtering of spam is to use Thunderbird as your mail client. Thunderbird has Junk Mail Controls that can help assist you in identifying and either deleting for moving these tagged junk messages to the junk folder.

Edited by VinnyTAMU, 13 October 2009 - 08:21 AM.