Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant access certain programs

• Please log in to reply

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Pip
  • 9 posts
after a virus(that is gone now thanks to a other topic) a lot of my programs(mostly windows related(cmd nslookup and so on but also winamp and a few others)) have the locked icon on them and i cant start them and i cant seem to find the place where it says that they are supposed to be locked(happened thanks to avg locking all of them) and i was wondering does anyone know of a way to get them unlocked without reinstalling(as its over 100 exe's that are locked) and because i cant access cmd i cant flush my dns so it means that i cant access most of the security related websites and what not

by the way if its a bit hard to read im sorry but English is my 2nd language plus its 3:42am and haven't slept in a day as been trying all kinds of things to get it back to working order

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Try to uninstall AVG, using AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/u.../download-tools
Restart computer.

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

and because i cant access cmd i cant flush my dns so it means that i cant access most of the security related websites and what not

cant :) and avg is already gone but its still locked(and now thanks to avast more are locked to(even to any other virus scanner says there clean))

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Who cleaned your computer?
Any link to malware removal thread?

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i have been my self for the last few days
http://www.geekstogo...oj-t231840.html

i had that one before and for as far as most of my virus scans could say my pc was clean(wich i knew it wasnt as most of the stuff dint work) and guess il gonna end up reinstalling(if it ever lets me again(dam setup wont let me) thanks to a new one vitro >.>)

but ya that first topic actually helped get rid of that one for me after i ran a few other tools i found around the net

but its like avast and avg seem to lock down the exe's that get infected and because cmd and nslookup and so are locked i cant do the stuff i want to do to get rid of all of it in total(as any command line based scanned that i want to run in save mode wont start as well)

but ya if anyone has a clue how to unlock the exe's that have become locked(thanks to the dam viruses(and get rid off them again(as the stupid dvd wont let me reinstall win 7 or xp and dont feel like wiping 1.5tb of data dating back to 2006)) :)

Edited by stinkvis, 13 October 2009 - 04:55 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Try LockHunter: http://lockhunter.com/scr_guide.htm

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Posted Image

no luck as u can see by the way i had to pause dam avast protection as it said that that vitro was in that lockhunter to >.> so ya now i have 2 viruses on my pc well 1 is basically dead but its stuff is still working(hence why the 2nd one came onto my pc)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
So, nothing is actually locking the file.
It looks to me like your system files are messed up.

Go Start>Run ("Start Search" in Vista), type in:
sfc /scannow
Click OK (hold CTRL, and SHIFT, hit Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy (with Vista, most likely, you won't need it).
If System File Checker (sfc) will find any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD (rarely in Vista case).
If sfc won't find any errors in Windows XP, it'll simply quit, without any message.
In Vista you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
well its win 7 but cant even start it as its locked together with the rest :)

but if nothing can be done tonight il use my new pe disk and see if i have anything good on there and if not guess il wipe win 7

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It may be actually your best option...

stinkvis

stinkvis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ya that just leaves my xp(where my last cd from got shredded thanks to my dog last week) guess il not use it